Friday, April 30, 2010

Summer Mini Blog Hop!


Welcome to Stop #1 on the Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop! This Blog Hop features 23 Stampin' Addicts member who are sharing their creativity with us. Each stop will feature products from the new Summer Mini Catalog!

You may have just come from Tanya's blog Tinkerin In Ink With Tanya where she showcased GORGEOUS projects using the a la carte stamp Motorcycle.

Today I am showing some ideas using the new Flower Builder Wheels! These wheels are wonderfully versatile since you can customize your wheel by stacking one, two, or three builder wheels into the Jumbo Wheel Handle by using the wheel spindle and spacers. So not only can you switch up the order of your wheels, you can customize your projects even more by using the Triple Cell Cartridges so that each wheel is a different color. Since the triple cartridges come uninked, you can use reinkers to choose your own color combination!

For this first card, I stacked the Posy Party, Thoughtful Friend, and Bees & Blossoms builder wheels together. After I wheeled the images using Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry, I used Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add some bling to the center of the flowers. The ribbon is actually the Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot ribbon--I just folded it in half and ironed it to keep it in place.


This next project shows off the Posy Party Wheel. I wheeled it twice using Lavender Lace--one of the colors we are losing in the Color Renovation. For the tag, I used the Thoughtful Friend builder wheel and my Lavender Lace marker to ink only the word 'friend'. Then I wheeled it and punched it out. The tag also shows the new Bitty Buttons and the coordinating Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.


This last card is a re-make of an anonymous swap card that I received many years ago. It's been on my pile of 'cute ideas'. It's like a pocket (card) with a hole. ;-) For this card I wheeled the Bees & Blossoms builder wheel with Whisper White Craft Ink.

The sentiment is from the Thoughtful Friends builder wheel and the flowers are from the
Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack. I added a little bit of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds to the center of the punched flowers. This card also uses three more colors that will be gone after June 30--Apricot Appeal, Close to Cocoa and Gable Green.

Next on the Blog Hop is Yapha over at Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha. She will be showcasing more Builder Wheels--the Birthday ones!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed these projects!

30 comments:

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Fabulous projects Allison! I adore that candle. Love how you colored in the flower centers and just a few of the leaves. Such pretty, soft colors too. Awesome!

HeathersHobby said...

I love the folded/ironed ribbon idea, but the last card is absolutely beautiful!

Melissa said...

Great projects! I love what you've done with the wheels!

Cindy said...

Oh my! That first card is my fave, and what a stroke of genius to fold and iron the ribbon!

Kim said...

Great ideas for workshops. I love your last card! Cute idea!

Lora Oliver said...

Beautiful projects, thanks for sharing. I didn't realize you could use the wheel that way.

Anita said...

Amazing projects!

Barbara Welch said...

Allison your projects are awesome, love the band around the candle and the cards. Great showcase of the wheels.

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Very cute use of the builder wheels!!

lisa808 said...

Pretty card and candle wrapper.

mauistamper said...

Love your candle project and the pocket card too - these narrow wheels are perfect for little borders. Why didn't I think of that?

Anne

MaryR said...

what great projects! love the colors and designs here, but especially the first card - beautiful

Debadoo said...

Those are really cute Allison!! Love the candle, and the great colors on the first card. I've been having a hard time thinking of how to use these, but I love your card.

WebDeb said...

That candle wrap is adorable -- just a beautiful effect!

maryr917 said...

these are great projects-my fav is the candle with the posy party wheel

Lisa N said...

Love your projects! I especially love the candle wrap.

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely projects! Love the candle.

Tinkerin In Ink said...

Great projects! I really like the colors and the inside out pocket card :)

Michelle said...

Your candle looks fabulous!

Twila said...

Great projects Allsion, the first card is my favorite. Love the colors.

Holly/catrules said...

Great projects! I love how you used the builder wheels!

Yapha said...

Great job with these wheels! I can't wait to get them! I love the candle, and folding the ribbon was brilliant!

mitz said...

novel idea, folding ther ribbon
wtg

Carmen said...

Great job with the projects!! I can see why you liked the design of the last card!

Jen Timko said...

Great job with the wheels! Super projects!

Trina Caraway said...

The variety of projects I keep seeing with the Builder Wheels is amazing. Thanks for contributing.

stampmiser said...

Very nice projects! I really like how you used the builder wheels (and I really don't care for them, so you are winning me over). My fave is the bottom card.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Wow--that Razzleberry/Curry color combo is stunning! And I love how fresh and fun that Sweet Friend card is!

Fun projects, Allison!

Lisa Young said...

Allison all of your projects are so cute! Love the candle especially.

Lisa Young said...

Allison all of your projects are so cute! Love the candle especially.