Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shimmery Pines


My first Christmas card of the year. . . and certainly not my last! So, if you still haven't tried the shimmer paints--you must! :-) I saw THIS challenge over on Stampin' Addicts (fabulous site by the way) and thought I would try the Spritzing Shimmer technique. It is very simple, and the results are absolutely gorgeous!

Fill a little spray bottle (1-2oz) with rubbing alcohol and then add a little (4-8 drops) shimmer paint. Mix, and then start spritzing. Warning, possibly addicting. :-) All of the Old Olive card stock, including the base, was spritzed with shimmer paint. I love the way it looks because it is a very pretty glitter look without being over the top. (Hard to see in the pictures.) In other words you don't feel that by touching the card, you will soon be covered head to toe in glitter. :-)

The tress are from the
Holiday Mini Catalog hostess set Patterned Pines and they also have shimmer paint. For the tress and the sentiment (from the set Teeny Tiny Wishes) I inked my stamp and then sponged on the shimmer paint. See THIS post if you'd like more info about that technique.

The layout for this card came from
Sketch Challenge 118 over at Stamping 411. Another great website! I loved the sketch so I thought I would play along. There are dimensionals under the small tree, the Old Olive circle, and the white layer. Finished card size is 3 3/4" by 5 1/2". Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Patterned Pines, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, Circle Scissors Plus, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder, sponge dauber, dimensionals

5 comments:

Tara said...

Great card... I love that set and just got it the other day!

Selene Kempton said...

Gorgeous!!!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE it! I need to get that set mounted. I love the trees on the circle background. Great job with the sketch this week!

Unknown said...

I just love this card!! I love that you only used one color plus white!! great job and thanks for playing along this week!

Stampin Charlsanne said...

Thanks for the beautiful sample, I just ordered this set, bought my misting bottles a couple of weeks ago and will definitely have to try this out.