Friday, August 27, 2010

Holiday Mini Blog Hop


Welcome to stop #6 on the Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop! This Blog Hop features 22 Stampin' Addicts members who are sharing their creativity with us. Each stop will feature products from the Holiday Mini Catalog that goes live September 1st!

If you are following the hop in order, you just came from Krystal's blog Krystal's Cards and More where she showcased gorgeous projects using the set Paisley Prints. I love that set (one I got at convention for free!) and Krystal did an awesome job showcasing the set. 

Today I am showing some ideas using the wheel that coordinates with Paisley Prints--it is called Paisley Party.   



The first project I have to show are these simple tags. These tags use the masking technique and came together in a matter of minutes.  I see myself using these not only for tags on presents, but also to add to plates of goodies or small gifts for neighbors, teachers, etc. And they are simple enough that I could easily mass produce them--even during the busy holiday season.  

A couple of hints:  I used my Ornament Punch to punch the image from a post-it note.  The I stuck the ornament shape to a 2 1/2" by 2 1/2" square of Whisper White card stock.  (The sticky of the post-it note keeps it in place.)  I inked my wheel and rolled it over the card stock.  I kept wheeling until I covered the entire paper.  I spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, and then took the coordinating marker and carefully traced around the ornament shaped sticky note.  Then, I peeled the stick note off.  

I layered the ornament/paisley layer onto a scallop square---which is actually another sneak peek from the Mini Catalog.  There is a new Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die that has two scallop squares on the same die (this is the larger of those two scallop squares).  

The next project I made was a card, and although it may be hard to see exactly how I used the wheel here, I promise I did.  :)  This card uses the faux shaving cream technique.  

I inked my solid heart stamp (from the set I {Heart} Hearts) with Blushing Bride ink and then I inked my wheel with Real Red.  I placed the wheel on the stamp and twisted.  I repeated several times.  This is one of those techniques that will produce unique results each time.  

The sentiment is from the set Fabulous Phrases, and the button is one of the Big Designer Buttons (Candy Cane collection)--also a new item from the Holiday Mini Catalog.   And how did I get those big gorgeous scallops?  From another new item--the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die.  :-) 


And last but not least, a 3-D project. This is a treat holder made using the Scallop Square Bigz Clear die.  I used the Paisley Party wheel around the edges of the Scallop Square and layered with a square of Cajun Craze.  The pumpkin is from the coordinating set Paisley Prints.  I decided to put cinnamon in this treat holder, but most of the time I would add some sort of candy or chocolate.  This is one of those perfect items when you need 'a little something'.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you've been inspired by these projects.
 
Next on the Blog Hop is Sara over at Lily's Ink Pad. She will be showcasing the stamp set Day of Gratitude.  Go check out her gorgeous creations, and then continue on in the Hop to see more projects showcasing items sets from the Holiday Mini catalog.  


Next Stop on the Blog Hop ----->


46 comments:

Paula said...

Great Projects Allison!

Unknown said...

Wonderful ideas for the wheel. Thanks for your hard work on these.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your ideas are so out of the box. Love that!

Sally said...

All your creations are fabulous, but I love the cinnamon stick holder. Could also hold candy cands as place favors... Great idea

Amy said...

LOVE the tags! What a great idea! Great projects!

Mickey Roberts said...

Allison, your projects are terrific! Thanks for the reminder about the faux shaving cream technique!

Anonymous said...

Great projects and thanks for the tips!

Melissa said...

Great projects, Allison! Your treat holder would be perfect with the cinnamon sticks in a gift with tea or apple cider. :)

Kim said...

What clever ideas! Your heart card is a great card for a workshop!

Jen Timko said...

The faux shaving cream card is wonderful! I love the little cinnamon holder...perfect to get your house smelling like fall!

Shari Winterstein said...

These are ALL great ideas. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Fabulous ideas Allison!! I LOVE them all!

Deb B. (Debadoo) said...

Great projects Allison, love those tags and that treat holder!

Holly/Catrules said...

Adorable love all of them great job! :)

Elizabeth said...

Just had to leave you a comment about those tags - such a wonderful use of masking. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

creations by jackie said...

Great projects, your wheel designs are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the cinnamon sticks! How cool! The faux shaving cream is a great card, also. You rocked it as always!

Yapha said...

What great tags! I love how you used the ornament punch to create a mask! Fabulous projects!

Debbi said...

Great project Allison. Love the tags - great tip on outlining the ornament before removing the post it. Yummy color choices too.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

What a wonderfully inventive set of WOW projects...you surely made a "Sweet Impression"!

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas for these very cool new products.

Julie Temple said...

LOVE your creations...I MUST try that faux shaving cream technique!

Marie said...

BEAUTIFUL Allison!! Your faux shaving cream heart turned out so much better than I can EVER get any of my images to turn out using that technique. I just love everything you did!

WebDeb said...

Oooh, the faux shaving cream heart is amazing! But I love all your projects showcasing this wheel!

Cindy said...

Gosh, I can't pick which of these I like the best! They are all so wonderful and unique! TFS!!!

redstampinsam said...

I convinced myself I didn't need the Paisley set but after seeing your cute tags and scallop treat holders, I may have to have another talk with myself!!! Fun Stuff!

Karen said...

Thanks for some cute ideas, Allison. I really liked the scallop square project because it would be easy to adapt for any holiday or occasion.

prsd4tim2 said...

Loved the ornament cards. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Tracey said...

Great projuects, I really like the treat holder!

Unknown said...

Love the heart card - fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow. :) Thanks for sharing! These projects are RIDICULOUSLY wonderful.

Betty said...

Love the masking idea with the ornament. Those little cards are totally cute!

KilkennyVFX said...

I love the cinnamon stick holder. That is going to look so cute in my kitchen. Thanks for the tip on using the post it note as a mask. Great idea to outline it on your tag.

Rhonda Langley said...

Those tags are great! What an easy quick tag!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous projects Allison!! What a fun technique you used on your valentine card. You've convinced me that I need to get the matching wheel!!

Michelle said...

Great projects! I never thought about using the ornament punch as a mask. Loving it!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great projects. I love how you masked the ornament for the tags. Very cute! TFS!

Lois said...

Very cute projects!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Too. Much. Fun. Love your tags, Allison, and the cinnamon stick cozy is adorable!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Allison, what great projects! Very inspiring. Especially that cinamon stick cover loved it!

Carmen said...

Ok love how you used this wheel ... I would never have thought about any of these tips you gave!! Thanks!

Sarah said...

LOVE the candy holder - what a fab idea :-)

Barbara Welch said...

Allison I love all your projects,very nice job.

Candace said...

Wow Allison... these are great. I especially love the first cards... with the ornament masking. They look so clean and beautiful. Way to go!

Kym said...

Allison, these projects are amazing. That heart is absolutely gorgeous and I love the cinnamon stick bundle. Great job!

The Country Rose said...

Awesome projects! I really love the tags! Now I am going to have put that wheel on my wish list :).

Barb

Kim said...

great ideas! this will be on my punch inspiration of the day tomorrow.