Friday, July 30, 2010

New Catalog Mega Blog Hop!


Welcome to stop #5 on the
Stampin' Addicts Mega Blog Hop! This Blog Hop features 26 Stampin' Addicts members who are sharing their creativity with us. Each stop will feature products from the new Idea Book & Catalog!

If you are following the hop in order, you just came from Kim's blog Stitchin' Stampin' on Paper where she showcased gorgeous projects using the single stamp Homemade. Isn't it amazing what you can do with one stamp?

Today I am showing some ideas using another single stamp, So Many Thanks. This is a stamp that I got to work with to create samples for the Display Boards at Convention, and as I worked with this stamp, I was amazed at how versatile a single stamp can be.

This card is the first one that I created using this stamp. A very simple card that shows off some of our new colors: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso. The row of hearts across the card base are the same hearts from the stamp--I just used my stamp-a-ma-jig and Early Espresso marker to create the line. I'm also loving the new 1/8" taffeta ribbon--I've already used almost a whole roll of the Early Espresso. :-)


As I was playing around with this stamp, I realized I didn't need to be confined to the square image of the stamp. The idea for the layout of this card came from an old inspiration sheet--I believe the (now discontinued) set Be Happy. The colors featured here are Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, So Saffron, and Early Espresso.

I stamped the So Many Thanks image with Crumb Cake on the coordinating paper a few times (using the stamp-a-ma-jig) and then punched it out using the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch. I took my Early Espresso marker and went around the edges of the flower to add a little definition. The sentiment is from the set Fabulous Phrases and is embossed. On the So Saffron strip, you are actually getting a sneak peek of a wheel that will be in the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog. ;-) The center of the flower has a layer of Crystal Effects.

This next project is a simple 3"x3" card. The colors are Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo. I used a marker to select and stamp only the 'thanks', and then added the 'heartfelt' from the set Fabulous Phrases. The flowers are from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and they have Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds in the center. Along the side I used my Scallop Edge Border Punch.


And last but not least, a 3-D project. I used my Big Shot to create a Pillow Box with the Newsprint Designer Series Paper (DSP). I used the circle/flower center stamp from the set Pick a Petal to stamp some circles in Marina Mist--just to add a little color and interest to the DSP. I markered and stamped the 'thanks' and then punched with the 1 3/4 by 7/8" Oval Punch. I distressed the edges and layered it onto a Basic Black Scallop Oval Extra Large punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you've been inspired by these projects.

Next on the Blog Hop is Heidi over at RunningwScissorsStamper. She will be showcasing the stamp set Wicked Cool--a set that is on my wish list! Go check out her awesome creations, and then continue on in the Hop to see more projects showcasing all-new sets from the catalog.

34 comments:

Yapha said...

I love all the different ways you used this single stamp! Especially punching it into a flower!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Super cute projects Allison! I love the card with the Jumbo Flower. Fun colors and I love all the little textures. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Fun to see so many uses for 1 stamp.

Pat said...

Great cards & pillow box!!

Jen said...

I love how you punched the flower from this stamp. And the pillow box is so cute! Great work!

Barbra said...

Love the idea of using the stamp as the background of the punched out flower. Interesting idea.

creations by jackie said...

what an awesome way to show that simple, clean cards can be awesome.

Debadoo said...

Great cards! I love the flower too. Great way to show the versatility of one stamp.
Deb B.

Jen Timko said...

All this with one stamp...amazing. I love the flower card particularly!

JKB said...

VERY CREATIVE!!!!

catrules/Holly said...

I love all the different ways you used this stamp! I love the punched out flowers! Great job! :)

WebDeb said...

Wonderful projects, perfect for workshops. Thanks for your creative work!

Heidi Baks said...

I love the details on the pillow box best. Great showcasing of using one stamp set!

Cindy said...

Beautiful! Love the idea of using as a bg stamp on the flower. TFS!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Be Happy was one of my favorite sets! So cool that you brought it back with the circle punch. Love your style!

Stampin AKMills said...

Fun! Thank you for giving me great ideas on how to use this stamp :)

Lisa N said...

Great variety of projects - enjoyed viewing them all

Dawnmarie's Life said...

Love Love Love the flower! 'nuff said.

Barbara Welch said...

I love all the projects you did using this single stamp. thanks for sharing your ideas.

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing with us, these are all great !

Brenda said...

How fun! Love the simple, but great cards and the pillow box is adorable! TFS

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Beautiful projects Allison! I never thought about being able to use the words individually like you did with the word THANKS. Love that idea!

prsd4tim2 said...

Love your clever use of the square set in the round flower! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

So creative! love the pillow box and the card with the flower punch!

Unknown said...

Love the second card - using the stamp as a background image for your flower creates a nice focal point and interest!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great job using just one stamp for all these projects. You definitely showed the versatility of what a stamp can do. TFS!

Sarah said...

LOVE the Pillow Box - what a fab idea :-)

Angie (fingers inky girl) said...

Great creative ideas for this stamp--you have inspired me to dig it out of my Convention bag and use it!!
Great job!

HeathersHobby said...

So many great ideas with a single stamp! I loved the first card.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Very cute cards with this stamp!! Pretty work!

Melissa said...

I love your different uses of the stamp! My favorite is the one with the large flower.. great idea!

Anonymous said...

Very nice cards! Easy cards are always refreshing! TFS!!

Kym said...

These are all great projects. The "kind" card with the flower is my favorite though. Love the layout and colors.

Valerie K said...

Hi Allison! I'm glad to 'run into you' on the blog hop too! My first hop... :)

Love what you did with the extra large flower punch! So cute. As always, your projects are so awesome.