Friday, February 15, 2013

Stampin' Celebration 63--Mid-Monthspiration




Wow, this month is flying by!  I've been keeping busy stamping lots of Valentines--for my kids' school classes, cousins, and grandparents, etc.  So, I was ready to take a break from Valentines creations for a bit and create a card using the Stampin' Celebration *sketch* challenge.  Yep, a fun new surprise.  :-)  For the mid-monthspiration, there will now be a sketch.  So you can use just the inspiration piece, OR just the sketch, OR both for more fun!  



I have also been wanting to use my Oh, Hello stamp set which has been neglected since I pre-ordered it all the way back in December.  The color combination was inspired by the colors found in the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP in the Spring Catalog.  



As I was making this card I liked all of the different elements, but I wasn't so sure once I got them all together if I like the overall card.  One of the elements I thought was fun was the safety pin at the top.  I pierced two holes with my paper-piercing tool and then added the safety pin (from the Vintage Trinkets collection).  The ribbon--Marina Mist and Melon Mambo 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbon--is also new in the Spring Catalog.  


You still have time to play along with us at Stampin' Celebration.  Be sure to link up to the main Stampin' Celebration site here by February 25 to be in the running for the "Pick of the Party"!
Stampin' Celebration Blog Hop:
Allison Ohran -Sweet Impressions (you are here)
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Jenny Peterson - Lakeshore Stamping


Stamps:  Oh, Hello
Ink:  Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, and Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo, Marina Mist, and Daffodil Delight markers
Paper:  Naturals White, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Marina Mist and Melon Mambo 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Ovals Collection Framelits, Big Shot, dimensionals

1 comment:

Donna said...

What a beautiful card; I love it! TFS! Donna (SC) :)