Friday, January 23, 2009

New Catalog!


The new Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book and Catalog is here! Lot of gorgeous new stamp sets, accessories, and tools! To see the new catalog online, click HERE, or to browse the new products, click HERE.

One of the new sets from the catalog is called Sweet Stems. I've already had a chance to play with this set, and I'm loving it! This card is what I made for my floor swaps at Leadership. I'll admit that I was in a little of a rush to get all my swaps done beforeI left (you can't imagine me procrastinating can you!!), so to speed up the process I actually took an old idea of mine and just changed it up a bit.

So HERE is a card I made over two years ago (my very first card I posted on Splitcoaststampers!), and then below is the 'updated' version. Hopefully I've improved a bit in my stamping over the years! At the very least I've learned to love dimensionals. ;-)

Note: The black for the flowers and the word are embossed to give the card an extra little 'bling'. A little trick I learned a while ago, is to use Black Craft ink and then emboss with clear embossing powder (EP)--MUCH easier to use than black EP! Stray specks of clear EP just don't show as much as stray specks of black EP.


Stamps: Sweet Stems, Wonderful Favorites
Ink: Basic Black Craft, Rose Red Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Accessories: Clear EP, Blender Pens, 1/4" Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, cutter kit, heat tool, embossing buddy

I also thought I would show another fun picture. One of the reasons I've been so quiet lately is that I was very fortunate to attend Stampin Up's Leadership Conference in Orlando, Florida earlier this month. It was a wonderful experience! Among the many highlights was being able to meet Shelli (CEO and co-founder of Stampin Up). Shelli was truly one of the kindest, most sincere, down-to-earth people I think I've ever meet. Also very photogenic! It was truely a pleasure to meet her!


No comments: