Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Heart Day!


Yesterday I went to my first (of many I am sure!) school program. My son's preschool had a little Valentine's program which was of course very cute. :-) As part of their party, they exchanged Valentines. So another first was making Valentines with my son--a lot of fun! Start to finish it only took a little over an hour to make 20, and my son loved being able to pass out Valentines that he had made.

I did the stamping while my son started to color. While he finished, I cut the Real Red and Basic Black layers, punched the holes (I punched 5 at one time with my Crop-A-Dile) and started assembling. Next my son helped me put the dimensionals on the back of the Basic Black layer, and then we finished assembling together and added the suckers.

And of course I couldn't let my son have ALL the fun coloring--so I had to make one using my crayons. ;-) I colored mine with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and then used an Aqua Painter.

Note: The dimensions of the red layer are 2 3/4" by 4 1/4" This way I could get 8 bases per sheet of cardstock.

Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Crop-A-Dile, Watercolor Wonder Crayons (Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Basic Gray), Aqua Painter, dimensionals

1 comment:

Christine said...

How cute! Such a good idea. I will have to remember that for when Natalie starts school.