Monday, September 20, 2010

Fort Worth Regional Conference--Part 2



 I'm finally back with the remaining projects I showed on stage at the Fort Worth Regional Conference!  In case you missed the first post, see HERE.  The technique I showed for my Workshop Wow presentation was how to add a decorative edge to your ribbon.  

The get the decorative edge on this ribbon, I ran the Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon through the Big Shot with the Perfect Setting die.  I layed my ribbon along the edge of the napkin ring to get this fun decorative edge.  I ran Sticky Strip along the card and then gathered the ribbon a bit as I added it to the card.  I also added the pearls and some Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  

Here is a close up of the ribbon: 


I took this close up picture before I added the Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink to the ribbon.  The ribbon on the card I showed on stage was sparkly because I had added the Smooch.  The snowflake image is from the stamp set Jolly Bingo Bits, and the sentiment is from the set Four the Holidays.  

Another card I showed on stage also used the set Jolly Bing Bits from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  This is the poinsettia image, but I was hoping it looked just 'daisy-ish' enough to use for a non-holiday card.  I stamped with Versamark Ink and then embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder

For this card I took my Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon and ran it though the Big Shot with the Pennant die.  I just layed my ribbon along that scallop edge of the pennant to get this fun edge. 


And a close up:


I hope you've enjoyed learning more about this fun technique!  I know I will definitely be using by Big Shot and ribbon together a lot more now.  :-) 

Oh, and one last photo--here's me on stage during my 5 minutes of fame.  :-)  


9 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Wow great cards. Love the little pearls on the first one, and Great ribbon tip with the big shot on the second one. Never thought of it. PS: Your flowers can absolutely pass - beautiful card.

Karen said...

How fun for you! Awesome cards, as usual. Congratulations.

MaryR said...

super cute projects! and what a fun experience

Shari said...

Really nice effect with the ribbon.

Pat said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Yapha said...

Way to go!! These are fantastic!!!

Rosa Youschak said...

What awesome projects!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great ribbon treatments. I love how you accented the scallops. And the poinsettia looks great as a daisy. TFS!

Marie said...

CAS and lovely. They are both fantastic!!