Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stampin' Celebration #48--Easter


This week over at Stampin' Celebration we're celebrating Easter! I had fun making this little treat 'basket' inspired by the photos for this week. 



I loved the colors in the bouquet of flowers, and I have a new flower punch that I wanted to try out.  The punch I used is a sneak peek from the Summer Mini Catalog that goes live May 1st.  This Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch is awesome, because in one punch there are three coordinating punches--you just move the front lever to the image you want, and punch.  Sounds a little weird, but it is a very cool idea!  So the Perfect Plum flower and the Pink Pirouette flower came from the same punch.  :-)  And there are two other flowers that can be made from the same punch that aren't part of this project. 

For the 'basket', I used the Box #2 Big Shot die.  I trimmed off the top parts of the box and then ran it through my Big Shot again with the Square Lattice textured embossing folder.  I carefully distressed the top edge of the basket a bit and put it together.  For the handle I used the Tasteful Trim die and the Square Lattice EF again.  

Here's a side view to see the handle and Rhinestones a little better.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Make sure to head over to Stampin' Celebration and see the other projects created using this same inspiration photo.  And, this challenge will last for two weeks, so you have plenty of time to join us and create your own project.  :-)

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Certainly Celery
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Accessories:  Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, 5-Petal flower punch, Box #2 die, Tasteful Trim die, Square Lattice textured embossing folder, Big Shot, crimper (for the card stock inside the basket), Rhinestones, dimensionals

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Such an adorable little basket. Love the texture from the embossing folder. I haven't done my pre-order yet but these new triple punches are looking really great. TFS.