Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stampin' Celebration #58



Well I'm not sure exactly what happened to all of August, :-) but it's good to be back in blog land and a Stampin' Celebration challenge is the perfect way to get going again!  

Please note that the challenge blog has moved to a new location--  http://www.stampincelebrationblog.blogspot.com/  Make sure to check it out and bookmark, subscribe or follow us.  Cori and Rochelle are taking charge and have started some fun new things like sneak peeks of the Design Team projects. 


And here is the inspiration piece for September--isn't it gorgeous?  I took the jar theme as well as the colors from the inspiration piece to create my card.  I also used this card as one of our August Stampers Club projects.  

The stamp set I used in one you can find the Holiday Mini Catalog.  It is called Perfectly Preserved and even has a coordinating framelits set to go with it!  I wasn't initially drawn to this stamp set, but after seeing so many awesome projects and swaps at convention using this set I changed my mind--and I'm glad I did.  

This card is pretty straight forward, but just a note about the 'jar'.  I used the jar framelit to cut out a piece of Window Sheet.  This gives the jar a shiny 'glass' look.  There are two things keeping the window frame piece in place.  First, there is a glue dot between the card stock and window sheet under where I added the linen thread bow (with a second glue dot) and second, the brad also helps keep the 'jar' in place.  

The colors are Tangerine Tango, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, and Going Gray.  The sponging was done with Crumb Cake.  The ribbon is also new from the Holiday Catalog--it is the 7/8" Cotton Ribbon (you can stamp on it too!)



Now it's your turn to be inspired and play along with us this month at Stampin' Celebration! You have until September 25th to create a card, 3D item, digital item, scrapbook layout, etc. using the inspiration piece above. Link your creation to the Stampin' Celebration blog so we can see your project. We will choose the "Pick of the Party" at the end of the month. We can't wait to see what Stampin' Celebration inspires you to create! 

To see what the other DT members have created:  

Allison Ohran - Sweet Impressions
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style

3 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

Love your card Allison! I just got the Perfectly Preserved set in the mail yesterday! I can't wait to play! Now I want that ribbon too! ;)

Phyllis Strickland said...

Lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Cute Card! I just go the bundle but haven't had time to play yet! I love the colors.