Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days of Christmas--Day 6--Holiday Treats



I wanted to add something to my club orders for this months, and this is what I came up with!  These are simple, and basically used up leftovers from other projects.  I started with the Early Espresso base which is 3" by 3" and scored at 1 1/2".  I folded that over the top of the cello bag and kept it in place with snail adhesive. 

The next 3 parts that are all cut out using different framelits (the tree/Holiday Collection, sentiment banner/Bitty Banners, and Designer Series Paper layer/Window Frames Collection).  I lined up all 3 and ran them through the Big Shot at the same time--saves a lot of time.  :-) 

For the tree: I scrunched it up, flattened it out again, and then smashed the tree under the coordinating Gumball Green ink pad--with the ink side down.  Gives it that sponged/distressed look.  This is the same technique I used on the leaves in THIS project. 

The bag on the left uses Designer Paper from the set Be of Good Cheer, and the one on the right uses paper from the Festival of Prints DSP Stack

Stamps:  Petite Pairs
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, and Early Espresso Marker for around the tag
Paper:  Early Espresso, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, Be of Good Cheer DSP, and Festival of Prints DSP Stack
Accessories:  Holiday Collection Framelits, Window Frames Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Linen Thread, 4" by 6" cellophane Bag, dimensionals


And this is another little treat that I added to some customer orders last month.  I got this (very similar) idea from another demonstrator, but unfortunately I can't find her blog again. . . I'm pretty sure it was in German--which may be why I'm having a hard time searching for it.  :-)  Anyway, this little treat holder starts as a 6" by 3" piece of Early Espresso card stock.  I scored at 2 7/8" and 3 1/8" and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit to give it the fun border. 

The Cherry Cobbler layer was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, and the main images comes from two of the stamps in the Mixed Medley hostess stamp set.  Inside there is one of the small square Ghirardelli chocolates. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you are enjoying this '12 Days of Christmas' series.  See you tomorrow for Day 7! 

Stamps:  Mixed Medley
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso (also for distressing edges of Crumb Cake layer)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories:  1 1/4" Scallop Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch, Cheery Cobbler Baker's Twine, Large Scallop Edgelit, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Ghirardelli Chocolate, dimensionals

No comments: