Friday, January 18, 2013

Hearts all in a Row



Well now that I've started creating some Valentine's cards, I'm on a roll!  Several of these hearts were actually 'left overs' from the card I created earlier this week.  I saw the sketch challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, and knew what I could use the hearts for.  :-)  


And the colors were taken from the Stampin' Celebration Challenge for January:  


I stamped the hearts using the Hearts a Flutter stamp set (found in the new Spring Catalog) and then ran them through the Big Shot with the coordinating Hearts a Flutter Framelits to cut them out. I also used the new Honeycomb Embossing Folder for the fun texture on the Pool Party layer.  

The gray hearts are covered in Dazzling Diamonds glitter--I used Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to adhere the glitter.  The 'love' tag was stamped with the Lovely Little Labels stamp set and then punched out suing the Little Labels Punch pack.  I adhered the bow and the tags with glue dots--uncharacteristic to my 'usual', they aren't attached to each other.


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Lovely Little Labels
Ink:  Going Gray, Pool Party, Primrose Petals
Paper:  Pool Party, Going Gray, Whisper White
Accessories:  Hearts a Flutter framelits, Hearts Collection Framelits (for the smaller heart), Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Little Labels Punch Pack, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Dazzling Diamonds, White Baker's Twine, dimensionals

9 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

Wow, your card is total perfection! I really love the texture and the way you grouped the hearts at the bottom. Thanks a bunch for adding your fabulous card to our sketch challenge this go around at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the use of your hears- perfect!!! Great texture!!! Baker's twine was the perfect accent!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Erika Clark said...

SooooOOOoooo pretty! I love the row of hearts, and the little tag is the perfect detail. Thanks for playing with HSS this week! Erika

AB. said...

Perfectly designed card....love all the different textures and the colour combination! Fantastic work! :)

scrappinlil said...

Very beautiful card...I found you on pinterest. I love the colors you chose and the cute hearts. Thanks for sharing...now a follower of your blog. here is my blog if you would like to stop by...http://scrappinlilscreativeside.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

Love the textured background and the cut-out hearts.

Erin Gonzales said...

OMG!! I LOVE your card!! I am SOOO drawn to simple cards with LOTS of little elements, awesome!! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Simple and gorgeous...simply gorgeous! The colors are fabulous and I love the row of hearts! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Bobbie said...

Perfection. I love the colors, I love the line of hearts, and the twine compliments it all beautifully. So happy you played with HSS.