Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stampin' Celebration #66

 
 
 
I'm running a little late this month, but I definitely couldn't miss out on playing along this month with the Stampin' Celebration challenge!  What fun colors! 

 
I'm always in need of tween birthday cards for my nieces, and with these colors I thought that would be the perfect combo.  I'm not sure if I ended up hitting the 'tween' age (maybe a bit younger?) but I have younger nieces too.  :-) 
 
I also wanted to pull out and use some of the stamp sets that will soon be discontinued.  All 3 of the sets I used. . . Mouthwatering, Distressed Dots (background stamp), and Made for You (sentiment). . . will no longer be available after June 3rd.  And, Pretty in Pink is one of the colors we are losing in the Color Refresh

To see the retiring stamps click HERE, for the accessories click HERE
 
This card is pretty straight forward, I just inked with a marker and stamped the top of the ice cream cone 4 times, hand cut, and then layered.  For the background stamp I inked it up, stamped off once, and then stamped on the card base. 
 
Now it's your turn to play along with us at Stampin' Celebration. And also remember to take a look at what the other design team members created!

To follow along on this month's Blog Hop, simply click the links below:

Allison Ohran -Sweet Impressions (you are here)
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Jenny Peterson - Lakeshore Stamping

You have until May 25th to play along. And don't forget to check back on the 15th for some more inspiration. :-)
Stamps:  Mouthwatering, Distressed Dots, Made for You
Ink:  Tangerine Tango (and marker), Melon Mambo (and marker) and Pretty in Pink marker
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Accessories: Pretty in Pink stitched grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, dimensionals 
 

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Cute! Love those bright colors! I think this is perfect for girls….older or younger…who doesn't like ice cream?? TFS!

Nancy B said...

Pretty in Pink and the stamps you used here are products I am really going to miss. Love your card! Nancy B

Erin Gonzales said...

ADORABLE CARD!! Makes me want to eat some ice cream!! I love this months colors!