Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stampin' Celebration #33



I just love all the party/table setting pictures from Stampin' Celebration--makes me want to throw a fancy party.  :-)  Anyway this week I thought of a New Year's party.  And what would a New Year's party be without a fun party hat? 


I used my Big Shot and the Pennant Die to make this hat.  You can see another example in the last picture of THIS post.  I adhered two Basic Black pennants together at the edges, and then added the Real Red edges.  Everything is sprayed with Smooch Spritz to give some sparkle. 



And here's a close up of the top of the hat. For the topper, I used 8 scalloped circles (already scored) that are also part of the Pennant Die.  The tag shows a little sneak peek of the very shinny Red Glimmer Paper that will be in the upcoming Mini Catalog.  I used my Billboard Alphabet die for the 0 and 1s of 2011, and I hand cut the 2--so don't look too close.  :-) 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Take a peek over at Stampin Celebration to see all of the other cool projects this week.  And then play along, we'd love to see what you create!  

Paper:  Red Glimmer Paper, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Pennant Die, Billboard Alphabet Die, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Linen Thread

2 comments:

The Country Rose said...

The hat came out so cute!!!! I love the little pom at the top :).

Barb

Amanda Mertz said...

Fun hat! The tag is super cute with the glimmer paper too! TFS!