Friday, April 13, 2012

Rockin' Tween Birthday


Back today with another one of the cards I've designed for my 'sending cards to family' goal!  (For more back story, see this post.)  For me, the second hardest category of cards is the teen/tween age.  I don't have any kids that age, so I have a hard time knowing what's 'cool' and what's not.  :-) 

Anyway, this was my try at a female tween card.  I inked up the Grunge Rock stamp set using Blushing Bride and went to work.  Note: The Fleur de Lis image is actually from the (coordinating) Extreme Elements stamp set.  I used the same layout as this card.  I used the Wonderfully Worn background stamp to add the 'splotchy' look, and inked the edges of the Whisper White layer.  Both the Whisper Whiter layer and the larger Blushing Bride layer are distressed with the Cutter Kit. 

A little bit of Blushing Bride Stitched Poly-Ribbon and a silver Glimmer Brad finish it off.  I hand cut the banner, and although you can't see it from the photo, I put double-stacked half dimensionals under the middle of the banner (about where the 'B' is) to give the banner a little bit of a waving-in-the-wind look. 

Have a great weekend! 

Stamps:  Grunge Rock, Extreme Elements, Wonderfully Worn
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Basic Gray
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Accessories:  Blushing Bride Stitched Poly-Ribbon, Basics Glimmer Brads, Cutter Kit, dimensionals

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Very cute card! Love the Blushing Bride and Gray together! I don't have any kids this age either so I'll be referring to this card if I ever need a tween card! TFS!

Shelly said...

Mission accomplished in my opinion. I think this is a GREAT tween card!!