Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stampin' Celebration Returns!


Yay!  I'm so excited that the Stampin' Celebration blog is up and running again.  Although it was a well-timed break for me, I am ready to get going again.  There are a few changes though. . . instead of weekly challenges they will only be monthly.  But that gives you plenty of time to join with us and make a project inspired by the inspiration piece.  :-) 

Also, instead of posting all of the Design Team's projects on the Stampin' Celebration blog, we will be going blog hop style.  This makes it easy for you to click through and see not only a picture of everyone's project but some creative details too. 

Which means if you are following in order you may have just come from Rochelle's blog--I stamp, I create, I have fun!  What a cute project she had!   

Without further ado, here is my submission for this month's challenge: 


I pulled the green, pink, and blue colors from the inspiration piece as well as the butterflies from the bottom right photo. 


To create the various size butterflies, I used my new Hearts Collection Framelits Dies.  I've had this idea to create butterflies out of the heart framelits for awhile and finally tried it out on a card!  For the butterflies on these projects I used the 3 smallest sized hearts. 


For the butterfly on the this little purse  I used the very smallest heart.  I cut Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (from the Occasions Mini Catalog) and vellum paper to size, folded it in half and then ran in through the Big Shot with the Framelit die with the point of the heart sticking over the edge of the fold.  Then when you open it up you have a butterfly.  :-) 

If you don't recognize this cute little purse, it's because it is brand new!  It is the new Petite Purse Die that's part of the Summer Smooches promotion going on during April.  Isn't it adorable? 


To create the vellum paper butterflies on the cards, I used the same concept, just the next larger size heart die.  To create the butterfly 'window' on the Whisper White layer (since I didn't want to fold the card stock) I ran it through the Big Shot twice.  I placed the heart on one side of the layer, ran it through the Big Shot, placed the heart on the other side with the point of the heart overlapping the point of the previously cut heart, and then ran it through again.  Sounds much more confusing than it is!   


Here's how you can participate... Simply create a card, 3D item, digital item, scrapbook layout, etc. using the inspiration piece above. Leave a comment on the Stampin' Celebration blog with a link to your blog or online gallery so we can see your project. You have until the 25th of the month to create your project. We will choose the "Pick of the Party" at the end of the month. We can't wait to see what Stampin' Celebration inspires you to create!!

All of the Design Team posts for Challenge #53:

Allison Ohran -Sweet Impressions (you are here)
Candace Lawlor - cj lawlor designs
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Krystal De Leeuw - Krystal's Cards
Marlene Peters - Hands On
Rochelle Gould - I stamp, I create, I have fun!
Stampin Celebration Inspiration Challenge

7 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

Cute projects Allison! I love your idea to use the framelit hearts to make the butterflies!!

Rochelle said...

What a great idea Allison with the hearts! Cute clean cards!

Georgie Horn said...

I am so stealing the hearts as butterfly wings....you're so clever! Come visit my blog anytime!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/04/uhmthats-where-i-store-light-bulbs.html

Amanda Mertz said...

Cute projects! Great idea to use the hearts framelits to make butterflies! I'll have to teach that trick to my stamping ladies! TFS!

Hands On said...

How fun. Love the use of the hearts as butterfly wings. Really great idea!

Kym said...

Great cards and purse! What a cool idea to use the heart framelits to create them. Everything is so cute.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

So cute Allison!! Love the butterfly theme. And what a creative way to use the Heart Framelits. So glad you are back with us at the SCIC!!!