Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy News!


Don't you just love happy news? A little while back I found out that I won Stampin Up's July Art Contest in the Flutter by Butterfly category! I was so excited. :-) Not only did I get to choose any 3 stamp sets from the catalog, my project is published in Stampin Success--the monthly magazine for demonstrators. Since the magazine went online today, I thought I would share my project with you!

I actually made this project quite some time ago--shortly after I made this butterfly bag. As you can see the bag grew a little bit. :-) I wanted to create a bag that was made entirely of Top Note Die cuts, and this is what I came up with. All of the brown you see on the bag (handles, inside, butterfly) all use the faux suede technique. There is also a pocket on the inside.

Note:
I'm creating a tutorial for the bag that will be posted soon.

Ink: Chocolate Chip marker (for stitching detail)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Bella Birds DP, White Vellum paper
Accessories: Chocolate Chip corduroy buttons, Pretties Kit, dimensionals, Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, Top Note die, thread

4 comments:

Laurie Zoellmer said...

Congratulations! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Connie Fossenier said...

Found your link through bloggers challenge. thanks so much for all your hard work and such a beautiful creation...It will be cased many a time..
connie paxman

Lynn Put said...

I saw this bag in the Stampin' Sucess and thought it was awesome!!! Big Congrats to you for having your project featured, its fabulous!

Christine said...

I love it! You are just too talented. Great job.