Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Believe


Here is another Display Board card using the gorgeous set Just Believe. So, of the new In Colors, Peach Parfait is one of my favorites. I especially love the way it looks with Early Espresso.

For this card I used a simple technique called masking. To create the mask, I took a sheet of typing paper, cut out and removed a rectangle, and then put it over the top of my Whisper White paper. I sponged Peach Parfait inside the rectangle. Then with the mask still in place I stamped the image several times. Most of those images were stamped once or twice on scratch paper before I stamped on the Whisper White. Then of course I stamped the image one more time in Early Espresso after I removed the mask.

The sentiment is inside a frame that comes from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. The ribbon is the 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon. I pulled the ribbon through the hole on the frame, tied a single knot, and then pulled the short end back through the hole to give that nice finished look on the knots. The Early Espresso layer is popped up on Dimemsionals.

Check back tomorrow for another card using this beautiful set Just Believe. :-)

Stamps: Just Believe
Ink: Peach Parfait, Early Espresso
Paper: Peach Parfait, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories: Sponge, 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Styled Silver HPH oval frame, dimensionals

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the idea with the ribbon, too. TFS!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! Love the masking!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, this is simply gorgeous! Love the color combo, the masking, the layout....everything! I am SO going to CASE this card!!!

Pat said...

This is beautiful!!! I might have to case this!! I get my stamp on Friday.

Mary Marsh said...

great cas design-love these colors together

Shari said...

This card is so simple and elegant. Love the soft effect the stamping off first gave the images. Great job!

Jen Timko said...

Such a wonderful demonstration of the technique! Lovely colors.

Allison said...

This is stunning! Love the masking and colours!