Monday, September 20, 2010

Fort Worth Regional Conference--Part 2



 I'm finally back with the remaining projects I showed on stage at the Fort Worth Regional Conference!  In case you missed the first post, see HERE.  The technique I showed for my Workshop Wow presentation was how to add a decorative edge to your ribbon.  

The get the decorative edge on this ribbon, I ran the Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon through the Big Shot with the Perfect Setting die.  I layed my ribbon along the edge of the napkin ring to get this fun decorative edge.  I ran Sticky Strip along the card and then gathered the ribbon a bit as I added it to the card.  I also added the pearls and some Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  

Here is a close up of the ribbon: 


I took this close up picture before I added the Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink to the ribbon.  The ribbon on the card I showed on stage was sparkly because I had added the Smooch.  The snowflake image is from the stamp set Jolly Bingo Bits, and the sentiment is from the set Four the Holidays.  

Another card I showed on stage also used the set Jolly Bing Bits from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  This is the poinsettia image, but I was hoping it looked just 'daisy-ish' enough to use for a non-holiday card.  I stamped with Versamark Ink and then embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder

For this card I took my Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon and ran it though the Big Shot with the Pennant die.  I just layed my ribbon along that scallop edge of the pennant to get this fun edge. 


And a close up:


I hope you've enjoyed learning more about this fun technique!  I know I will definitely be using by Big Shot and ribbon together a lot more now.  :-) 

Oh, and one last photo--here's me on stage during my 5 minutes of fame.  :-)  


8 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow great cards. Love the little pearls on the first one, and Great ribbon tip with the big shot on the second one. Never thought of it. PS: Your flowers can absolutely pass - beautiful card.

Karen said...

How fun for you! Awesome cards, as usual. Congratulations.

MaryR said...

super cute projects! and what a fun experience

Shari said...

Really nice effect with the ribbon.

Yapha said...

Way to go!! These are fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

What awesome projects!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great ribbon treatments. I love how you accented the scallops. And the poinsettia looks great as a daisy. TFS!

Marie said...

CAS and lovely. They are both fantastic!!