Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter Treat



With Easter just around the corner, I wanted to share a fun treat idea.  This is one of the projects we made as part of my Stampers Clubs last month. 

This fun little treat is made using the Petal Cone die that can be found on page 15 in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  To make the cone as I have here, you run two sheets of card stock through the Big Shot with the die and then fold and adhere together along the sides.  The Old Olive scallop half circles and the banner tag are also part of the same die.  

The stamp set I used is A Good Egg.  This is one of those stamp sets I've had for years and still love pulling out every year around Easter.  The chick and egg are colored with markers, and then I used simple masking to add the circles (a stamp in the set) to the egg.  To finish off, I added a bag of Jelly Bellies and tied it off with ribbon and the banner tag.  Simple and cute.  :-)  

Here I used the Petal Cone die as an open box, but it can also be a closed box with the four semi-circles at the top turned in, instead of out like I have here. 

Stamps:  A Good Egg
Ink:  Chocolate Chip,  So Saffron, Old Olive, and So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, and Bashful Blue markers
Paper:  So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories:  Petal Cone die, Big Shot, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, small cellophane bag,  Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Hemp Twine, dimensionals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I just got the die. . . but I don't have the chic set! Really cute idea! TFS!

Amanda Mertz said...

I agree...A Good Egg is a great set to have on hand every spring! Love how you masked the shell to put the circles on it. TFS!