Monday, January 28, 2013

Pocket o' Hearts


 
Hi all!  Back with another Valentine's project today.  :-)  I created this using the Fab Friday color challenge, and we also made this at my Stampers Club this past weekend. 

This cute little pocket was made using the Petite Pocket die (and Big Shot).  The smallest hearts were punched out with the Small Heart punch, the medium heart (the one inside the banner) is the smallest heart from the Hearts Collection Framelits, and the banner and largest hearts were cut out using the Hearts a Flutter Framelits.  I used the Finishing Touches Edgelits to get the fun edge on the Very Vanilla Layer.  It did take lots of runs through the Big Shot, but I think it was worth it in the end.  :-) 


I crinkled the Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake hearts to give a little texture.  I also used one of the new Soda Pop Tops from the Spring Catalog.  I ran the pop top through the Big Shot (platform with no tabs and a cutting plate on top and bottom of the pop top) to flatten it a little bit.  I really like these Soda Pop Tops, but they are pretty tall (as is) to add to a project.  For me, being able to 'smash' them down a little bit makes them much more 'useable'. 


Here's a picture of the back of the pocket and the note that fits inside.  (Note: This does hold a gift card, although just barely.)  I used the button brads from the Vintage Trinkets collection and Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine for the enclosure.  

Have a great day!

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Crumb Cake
Paper:  Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and More Amore Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Soda Pop Top, Vintage Trinkets, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, dimensionals, Small Heart Punch, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Hearts Collection Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Petite Pockets Die

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

So great to see you playing along here at Fab Friday Allison! And super cute pocket card! Love the little button brad closure and your mix and matching of the Hearts a Flutter framelits are darling! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Kym said...

This is a fabulous card! I really like the color combo and layout.