Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vintage Glassine


Today I'm excited to show you another project using the Glassine Bags from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I showed this simple project at both a Stamping 101 class and a recent workshop.

I love this project--because I am able to put it together in a matter of minutes! It took me much longer to bake the cookies to go inside the bag than to make the bag look pretty. :-) I also love that this project is so affordable. With less than $1 in consumable materials, I have a little something to give to a friend to let them know I thought of them and to brighten their day. I love being able to share my stamping with others in a way that brings a smile to their face. :-)

For the tag I used the
Sale-A-Bration set Vintage Labels and Chocolate Chip ink. The ribbon is the gorgeous new Satin Ribbon that is also found in the Occasions Mini Catalog.

For this project I didn't decorate the bag at all, but there are so many options. For example, you can decorate these Glassine Bag with rub-ons or Stazon Ink (white or black), or you can run the bag through the Big Shot with a texture plate or embossing folder to add fun texture to your bag. (See the second to last picture
HERE for example.)


Stamps:
Vintage Labels
Ink: Chocolate Chip Ink
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Glassine Bag, Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, dimensionals

No comments: