Thursday, December 10, 2009

Simple Shimmer


Popping in with a simple Christmas card! This card uses the hostess set Patterned Pines and the sentiment set Four the Holidays--both sets are from the Holiday Mini Catalog.

I started by using the Spritzing Shimmer Technique on the Old Olive card stock. You can read more about that in THIS post. While that dried, I inked the tree and the sentiment using Old Olive ink and then added a little Shimmer Paint with a sponge before I stamped the images. Read more about that HERE. Using these techniques, I have a subtle shimmer on everything that is green.

After everything dried, I adhered the Whisper White layer to the Old Olive layer. I used my paper piercing tool to poke a few holes at the edges of the tree, and then I threaded Silver Elastic Cord through. I used two dimensionals to keep the ends of the cord in place on the back, and a few more dimensionals to add the Old Olive layer to the card base.

A simple card with a few details to add just a little bling. :-)


Stamps: Patterned Pines, Four the Holidays
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Old Olive and Whisper White
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Spray Bottle, rubbing alcohol, sponge dauber, Silver Elastic cord, paper piercing tool, dimensionals

1 comment:

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. So simple but simply wonderful.