Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

I finally made it home from all of our travels! We had a wonderful time visiting with family--both my children were sad to leave their grandparents and cousins behind! Of course one of the highlights of the trip was attending the Stampin Up Convention! It's been a few weeks now since I attended, but I thought it would be fun to post some pictures anyway. Believe it or not I took almost 800 pictures! So I of course won't be showing all of them, but a few. :-)


One of the first thing you do at convention is to pick up your new bag complete with free stamp sets. :-) Not everything in the picture was inside my bag when I picked it up, but I did get everything in the picture for free at some point during convention! Several of the items in this picture are actually sneek peak items from the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog!

Another highlight of convention was the Display Boards! There are rows and rows of boards packed with ideas. This is where most of my picture taking occurs. :-) It was fun to see my name on the list as a demonstrator providing samples for the boards. There are many talented stampers on that list (including many current and previous Artisan Award winners) so it was an honor just to be including in the list with them!


Here's a close up of one of the boards that had a few of my projects on it. You can see a picture of my cute little girl in the top left scrapbook page. :-)

Other highlights of convention include Memento Mall (a store SU! sets up where we get to go shopping), Make & Takes (we have to stamp of course!), Flower Power Party, and several General Sessions and lots of classes. It's always fun to see the awesome ideas that everyone presents and hear stories from other demonstrators. I always leave convention with SO many ideas.


Another fun treat was the Color Confections Candy Product Showcase. Part of convention is being able to see the new products in person, and this year SU! really out did themselves. They don't just throw the products up on a shelf, but rather they created an absolutely adorable candy shoppe! So fun!


And last I just have to show this picture--there are lots of people at convention! Before I signed up to be a demonstrator, I don't think I even knew that having the opportunity to attend events was a perk. But, it is now one of my favorite parts of being a demonstrator! I always leave every event with more friends than before I went. And as much as I love stamping, I cherish the friendships I have created through stamping even more.

Would you be interested in attending an event like this? Ask me how. :-) I hope you enjoyed seeing a little 'snap shot' of convention!

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Congrats on having some of your projects up on the display boards. Some day I'll get to convention and see all those fabulous ideas up close! TFS!