Monday, December 6, 2010

Peaceful Flurries


Here's a simple holiday card. . . . This was a card we made at my Holiday Stamp a Stack, and I'm making up a few more to send out this year too.  

I ran Shimmery White card stock through the Big Shot with the new Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (in the Holiday Mini Catalog).  I mounted that on a Marina Mist base and added a few of the Rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes.  For the sentiment I stamped with Marina Mist on Shimmery White (stamp set is All Holidays) and then punched it out with the Decorative Label punch.  I punched a second Decorative Label piece from Marina Mist card stock, and then cut the piece in half lengthwise.  I adhered the pieces to the back of the white piece so that the Marina Mist shows a bit on the top and bottom to give a nice framed edge.  

I hope that all of your holiday preparations are going well!  This week I'm working on my Christmas cards.  :-) 

Stamps:  All Holidays
Ink:  Marina Mist
Paper:  Shimmery White, Marina Mist
Accessories:  Rhinestones, Decorative Label punch, Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

4 comments:

Shari said...

Really simple, but really elegant. I love blue and white together for holiday cards.

Natalie said...

Wow! This is truly beautiful!

The Country Rose said...

How pretty!!! Perfect wintery card!

Barb

angieh29 said...

Great idea on making the layer for the sentiment punch...I need to try that! TFS, what a great winter snow card!