Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Layout, Two Cards


Hi all!  Today I have two cards to show you that both have the same layout.  Sometimes when I find a particular layout, color scheme, etc that I like, I use it for several projects.  It is actually amazing how the same layout can give you two completely different cards just by changing up the colors and stamps.  

The card above uses the Sale-A-Bration set Punch Bunch.  I just love that little owl.  :-)  I stamped him with Early Espresso and then punched him out with the Two-Step Owl punch.  I stamped the owl a second time with Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake card stock and then cut out just the tummy part which I adhered on top of the Whisper White owl.  

The branch is from the Two-Step Bird punch, and the moon is the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  The Designer Paper is another item that you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration--the Ice Parlor Quick Accents pack.  In the pack you receive 9 sheets of Designer Paper and 2 sheets of self-adhesive die-cuts.  

The button comes from the Bitty Buttons Pack.  I wrapped the Linen Thread around the Designer Paper and adhered with Snail.  Separately I tied a piece of linen thread through the button and then adhered that to the card with a glue dot.  

Stamps:  Punch Bunch, Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White, Ice Cream Parlor DSP
Accessories:  Two-Step Owl punch, Two-Step Bird punch, 2 1/2" Circle punch, cutter kit, linen thread, itty bitty buttons, dimensionals


So you'll notice that this card has the exact same layout!  The idea for the card--and this fabulous layout--came from  Julie Davison.  You can see her valentine card HERE.  You'll notice I didn't change much other than using Crumb Cake instead of Pretty in Pink. 

This card uses the stamp set Filled with Love.  The Designer Paper is from the Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack. I also used the Itty Bitty Buttons on this card too.  I know I should have posted this card before Valentine's Day, but I never did.  :-)  I actually think it could make for a cute anniversary card too. 

Thanks for stopping by!  

Stamps:  Filled with Love
Ink:  Real Red, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Brights Patterns DSP pack
Accessories:  Full Heart punch, Small Heart punch, 2 1/2" Circle punch, cutter kit, linen thread, itty bitty buttons, dimensinoals

5 comments:

The Country Rose said...

Love your cards and really like your layout. I've been running a same card layout on my blog too- great minds think alike :-) Have a wonderful day!

Barb

Lois said...

Love them!!! I especially love the owl one. TFS

Amanda Mertz said...

Cute layouts! This is definitely one I'll have to try out. TFS!

Anonymous said...

The owl is to cute! Very nice layouts! TFS!

angieh29 said...

Great layout and fun ideas for them! Love the owl and the roughing up the edges! Good job!