Monday, January 30, 2012

San Antonio Regionals--Part 2

Finally back with some more samples from my presentation at the San Antonio Regionals!  I'll do a Part 3 (and final) later this week.  So, the second part of my presentation was showing that you can use the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to just part of a stamped image.  


So for this card, I started by stamping an image from the new Apothecary Art stamp set.  I ran it through the Big Shot using the new Framelits Labels Collection to cut it out and used my markers to color the flowers.  Next I used my 1" Circle Punch to punch out a circle of the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet.  I used my bone folder to burnish the edges (making it easier to peel the back off) and peeled off the backing.  I face planted the sticky side of the adhesive sheet on top of the circle part of the stamped image.  I used an Embossing Buddy to help cut down on static, and then peeled off the other side of the backing.  Pour the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over the top and brush off any excess.  Now part of your stamped image is sparkly.  :-)  

This is a 3" by 3" card.  To create the slits that I ran the ribbon through, I used the cutting blade on my Cutter Kit, and for the Whisper White layer I sponged and distressed the edges and used my Color Spritzer tool and Early Espresso marker to add the random 'dots' of color. 

Stamps:  Apothecary Art
Ink:  Early Espresso, and Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Early Espresso markers
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories:  Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread, Framelits Labels Collection, Big Shot, Cutter Kit, Pearls, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Dazzling Diamonds, Color Spritzer Tool, sponge, dimensionals


This is another sample I had on my board, although it is a 're-do' of a project I've done before.  It's a little Valentine matchbox treat.  My daughter gave these out to her preschool class last year.  You can see more info, as well as cutting measurements HERE.  Pretty much the only difference was that I used my Small Heart punch to punch out a pieces of the Multipurose Adhesive Sheet to add the Pink Stampin' Glitter (from the Fine Supernova collection)--instead of using the Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  

This actually points out one of the benefits of the Adhesive Sheets--you don't have to wait for anything to dry!  

Stamps:  I {Heart} Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede and Pretty in Pink markers, Versamark
Paper:  Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories:  Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Heat Tool, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, stapler, candy
 
 
And another Valentine 're-do. '  :-)  To see the original of this one, click HERE.  The basic difference here is that instead of using the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet/Dazzling Diamonds on the hearts, I used it on the Designer Paper.  And I used the Designer Paper instead of fabric.  
 
This Designer Paper actually comes from the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper that is one of the free product options during Sale-A-Bration

Stamps:  Tiny Tags
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Distressing Essentials Kit, Victoria Crochet Trim ribbon, Antique Brad, Full Heart punch, Heart to Heart punch, Jewelry Tag Medium punch, linen thread, Dazzlig Diamonds, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back again with the last 3 samples I had on my display board. 

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Great samples! Love the little heart matchbook one! TFS!

Smiles, Laurie said...

These are great Allison, I love this layout of the squares and heart...and the sparkly DSP is perfect. All your samples were wonderful...great ideas. You looked good in your booth, too!