Friday, October 26, 2012

Googly Treats



Back as promised with another Halloween idea!  I designed these little treat bags for a class I taught for some ladies from my church.  Since some of the ladies are new to stamping, I wanted something simple. 

I started by stamping the images from the Googly Ghouls stamp set.  (As a side note, this is possibly my favorite Halloween stamp set ever, the more I use it, the more I love it!  It may even beat out my previous favorite, the Sweeter Treaters stamp set from years ago.)  After stamping I used my Extra-Large Oval punch to punch out the stamped image as well as the coordinating colored oval that goes behind. 

Then it is a matter of layering everything together and adding the adorable googly eyes.  I used dimensionals between the Designer Paper and Oval layers.  I added the fun size candy bars to the cello bags (this is the 3" by 5" size that is no longer available) and then used a little Snail adhesive (and the card stock on top too) to keep the bag closed. 

Very simple!  These are actually so simple and quick to make that it wouldn't be hard to make them up for a whole class of children. 

Stamps:  Googly Ghouls
Ink:  Basic Black, Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight markers (to color the witch)
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, Whisper White, Frightful Sight DSP (discontinued)
Accessories:  Googly Eyes, Extra-Large Oval punch, dimensionals, cello bags, candy

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Cute & Easy! Perfect for making in a group or for a group! I like how you used the same size punch for layering! TFS!