Saturday, December 1, 2012

Stampin' Celebration #61

 
 
December is here!  I love this time of year and all of the traditions, celebrations, and extra time with family and loved ones.   Although, it's hard to believe that another year is almost done!  
 
Here's the Stampin Celebration Challenge for this month: 


I love the colors since I'm a monochromatic sort of person, :-) and the large bows caught my eye as well.  I've had this new Scalloped Tulle Ribbon since the Holiday Catalog pre-order so I thought it was finally about time to open it and use it!  Despite being over 3" wide it isn't very bulky on a card and is really easy to use and tie. 

I also used this card for a Stamp-A-Stack class, and since I knew that not everyone sends Nativity cards, I provided this image as a second option.  To stamp the images, I used a mix of Early Espresso reinker and Champagne Shimmer Paint that I sponged onto the stamp and then stamped on the paper.  This gives the image a subtle shimmer.  And other than taking a little time to add the paper piercing around the image, this is a simple card to mass produce for the holidays. 

 
 
We'd love to have you play along with us this month at Stampin' Celebration! You have until December 25th to link your creation (a card, 3D item, digital item, scrapbook layout, etc.) to the Stampin' Celebration blog and be in the running for the "Pick of the Party" at the end of the month. We can't wait to see what Stampin' Celebration inspires you to create!

To see what the other DT members have created:
 
Allison Ohran -Sweet Impressions
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Jenny Peterson - Lakeshore Stamping
 
Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, First Christmas
Ink:  Early Espresso (for sponging) and reinker, Champagne shimmer paint
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Naturals White
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Paper-piercing Tool, Early Espresso Scalloped Tulle, Large Pearl Basic Pearls
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kym said...

Love the cards Allison! That is one of my favorite color combos.

Amanda Mertz said...

Very elegant! Love the tulle knots! TFS!