Friday, October 3, 2008

Flower Power!


Did you know there is a World Card Making Day? To celebrate, Stampin' Up! is offering 20% off all their Simply Sent Card Elements and Simply Sent Card Kits. Click HERE or on the link at the right to see the flyer. You can also see the kits on page 176 of the catalog.

The picture above shows cards you can make from the Flower Power Simply Sent card elements kit. The kit comes with:
2 sheet of 8 1/2" by 11" designer paper
6 sheets of textured card stock (2 each of Rose Red, Old Olive, and Perfect Plum)
1 sheet of self-adhesive die cuts
5 feet of Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
3 1/2 feet More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
6 buttons
5 brads

The instructions that come with the kit show you how to make the 3 cards shown above. You can make 3 of each of those cards (9 total), and/or you can be creative and make your own designs! I had a lot of fun making up these cards and it was fun to have all the colors (paper and accessories) already coordinating and ready to go. I saw a set of 12 cards by scrapperaddict on Splitcoaststampers with this kit, so I used a couple of her ideas to jump start my creativity for my own card set. This kit coordinates with the Wow Flowers stamp set, so I used that as well as the four coordinating ink colors.


All of the pictures in this post show the 10 cards I made from ONE Flower Power kit. AND I had left overs! When I was done with these 10 cards, I still had one full sheet of designer paper, approximately 1 sheet of textured card stock (combined of the 3 colors), a couple feet of ribbon, about 1/4 of the self-adhesive die cuts, and 3 buttons! The only thing that I added to the kit (other than the stamps and ink) was about 1 1/2 sheets of Whisper White card stock and adhesives.

After using one of these kits myself, I think they would make a great gift for a new stamper. Or, if you make up the kit yourself, you have a set of coordinating cards--which would be a wonderful gift to give someone as well. Can you tell I'm starting to think about the holidays and who I need to give gifts to? :-) Also, If you'd like a quick and easy way to make your own Christmas cards this year, you'll want to check out the Handmade Holiday Card Elements set.

Let me know if you'd like to order any of these kits. Remember that this is a short promotion and only lasts from Oct 4-11th!

Stamps: Wow Flowers, Hugs & Wishes, Sincere Salutations
Ink: More Mustard, Rose Red, Old Olive, Perfect Plum
Paper: Flower Power Cards Elements kit, Whisper White
Accessories: Buttons, ribbon, and brads from the Flower Power Cards Elements kit

No comments: