Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Scary Pillows!



I can't believe Halloween is almost here! I've been having fun playing with my new Halloween set from the Holiday Mini Catalog--Eat, Drink & Be Scary. I loved the samples shown in the Mini Catalog with this set, so I used those to inspire me and went from there. You can see what I came up with. These are two of the projects that we will be making this month at the non-profit class that I teach at my church.

For the top pillow box, I used markers to color directly on the stamp, stamped, then punched out with the Wide Oval Punch. I cut the black layer with the Coluzzle Cutting System. Oh, and since I wanted to give the pumpkin a little more dimension--but I didn't want to actually cut it out :-)--I used the 3/4" circle punch. It was pretty close to the right size--close enough anyway! Also, for the ribbon I put it through the hole on the first side, knotted, pulled it around to the other side of the box, through the hole, knotted again, and then trimmed.

Last time I posted some pillow box projects, I had people ask a couple questions . . . I did use the Premium Crease Pad to cut out the pillow boxes. Also, these are smaller than you may guess. If you leave them flat, you can just barely slide a gift card inside. So that gives you a rough idea of how big they are. Perfect for a little treat, rolled up money, etc. Such fun little boxes!

Stamps: Eat, Drink & Be Scary
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie marker, Basic Black marker, Kiwi Kiss marker
Paper: Kraft, Tangerine Tango, YoYo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Pillow Box Die, Wide Oval Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Coluzzle Cutting System, Crop-A-Dile, Star Punch, Pumpkin Pie ribbon, Basic Black Ribbon, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Really cute - I love little boxes!