Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fabric District



Happy Tuesday!  Tomorrow Stampin' Up!'s annual convention starts, and I get to go this year!  Yay!  I can hardly wait.  I've missed several conventions and leaderships, so I'm excited to be going again.  I'm not planning to do live updates, but I will definitely have some pictures when I'm (eventually) back in town.  

Anyway, this is another card from my Stamp-A-Stack class.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but it actually uses the Floral District Fabric.  Isn't it cute?  I specifically wanted to use fabric on a card, and I've also been wanting to use this particular sentiment stamp from the Delightful Dozen stamp set.  It seemed like a good combo to me! 

To add the fabric to the card, I used Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (MAS).  I started by adhering a 4" by 4 1/2" peice of the MAS to a same size piece of Whisper White card stock and then peeling off the second side of the MAS.  Then I stuck the back side of the fabric to the sticky side of the card stock.  Make sense?  The last step is to run everything (fabric side down) through the Big Shot with the new Oval Accent Die

It's pretty easy and adds a nice soft texture to the card to have fabric.  For the sentiment, I stamped, ran it through the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents Framelits, and then added the paper piercing with the coordinating Essentials Paper-Peircing Pack

Stamps:  Delightful Dozen
Ink:  Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories:  Floral District Fabric, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Oval Accent Bigz Die, Apothecary Accents Framelits die, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Big Shot, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! The colors of this
fabric look great. Works perfectly for this CAS style! Have fun at convention! TFS!