Friday, July 20, 2012

Manly Clockworks

Convention is in full swing and I'm having a great time!  This is a card that I originally designed for my Stamp-A-Stack class and then also decided to use for an organized "Masculine Swap" at convention. 

This card highlights the Clockworks stamp set that is brand new.  This card is pretty straight forward and easy to make.  The only part that was 'tricky' was stamping the clock face.  I knew I didn't want to try to line up the numbers inside the outline of the clock since they are two different stamps.  But instead of stamping on card stock and then puncing out, I decided to stamp the numbers and hands on a Window Sheet (acetate) with Black Stazon ink.  Next I ran it through the Big Shot (after it had time to dry) with the Circles #2 die.  Then the brad keeps it in place.  It also gives the clock face a shinny look, which I think makes it look more realistic. 

I stamped the outside frame (what is that called?) of the clock on Very Vanilla card stock with Early Espresso Ink.  I used Crumb Cake ink (first stamped off once onto scrap paper) on the base of the card as well as on top of the clock panel. 

For the bottom strip, I stamped the 3 small clock parts with Not Quite Navy.  Since I have this set in clear mount, to speed things up, I actually put all 3 of those pieces on the same block together so I could stamp them all at the same time. 

Stamps:  Clockworks
Ink:  Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Black Stazon
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Window Sheet
Accessories:  Metallic Brads, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Great masculine card! Love how you used the acetate sheet for the clock face! TFS!