Monday, August 25, 2008

A Butterfly Kiss

One more card with the kissing technique! This is another card that we made at my Technique Club class. Here I took the solid butterfly from the new set Flight of the Butterfly and began by inking it with Pale Plum. I then ‘kissed’ with the Sanded background that was inked with Perfect Plum. Then I used Basic Gray to stamp the dotted butterfly over the top.

I used the sanded background again (inked with Perfect Plum) on the Pale Plum layer. The 3 brads are the Pewter brads from the Vintage brads set. Both this layer and the butterfly layer are up on dimensionals.

And for the finishing touch. . . Ever since I saw Shelli show how to gather ribbon on Main Stage at Convention, I knew I wanted to try! So I used her technique with the Basic Gray taffeta ribbon. I added a couple pictures to show how this is done.

Begin by pulling the ribbon apart just a little at one end. Keep separating until you can find one (or two) little threads. Very gently pull the individual thread while gently pushing down on the ribbon so that it starts to gather. Keep working until it is as gathered as you want it to be. I used Sticky Strip to attach the ribbon to the card.

Stamps:Flight of the Butterfly, Sanded BG
Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Basic Gray
Paper:Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Accessories:Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, pewter brads, dimensional, Sticky Strip
Techniques:Kissing, ribbon gathering

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card, Allison. And a great mini-tutorial to boot! Thanks for sharing!