Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tic Tac Toe Anyone?


A while ago I was at Target and noticed that they had some fun travel games for kids that came in little tins. It got me thinking that it would be fun to make something similar, and this is what I came up with. I started with an empty Accents and Elements Tin (the larger kind that the Flower Fusion come in). I chose Real Red and Brilliant Blue since they seemed like perfect colors for a children's game, and I used the new stamp set Wow Flowers. After you slide off the belly band, you open it up and there's storage on the right side for all the pieces and the left side is where you play. I drew the lines with a Sharpie poster paint marker that just happened to be the perfect color.

Here is a side view of the game piece. I started by stamping the images in Brilliant Blue and Real Red on scrap Whisper White paper and then punching them out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. I put them face down in Xyron adhesive (I didn't use the Xyron machine, just the adhesive) and then stuck them to the flat side of the vase fillers (found at Target). Since the vase fillers aren't perfectly round, I trimmed where necessary around the edges. Then I attached the magnet with a large glue dot.

I think this would be a perfect gift idea for any child. Even though my son isn't quite old enough to understand the idea of Tic Tac Toe, he still loves playing with the magnets and having a little tin to carry them around in!

Stamps: Wow Flowers
Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Paper: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: A&E Tin, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, corner rounder, large vase fillers, large glue dots, magnets, Sharpie poster paint marker, Xyron adhesive

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!! What a great project!!

Cassie said...

cute! just found your blog today and have had much fun browsing through it! you are a great stamper!! i look forward to seeing your future posts!

Carol Stamps said...

Adorable project, Allison. You have a wonderful blog, I'll be back often to visit.

Anonymous said...

Very cute...gonna have to case for sure! TFS!

xiumaiyuki said...

That is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for sharing the instruction. I'm gonna do this for my nephew & nieces!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

How clever! my son is just getting into tic tac toe...and gets mad when we don,t let him win! LOL!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm looking forward to your future posts!