Thursday, September 17, 2009

Always & Forever

Wedding cards are always hard for me to make, but when it is a fellow stamping friend who gets married, that makes it even harder. No pressure, right? :-) I chose the color So Saffron since it was one of her wedding colors. I'll definitely be trying this card again with different colors; I think pretty much any shade of pink or red would also make a gorgeous anniversary, valentines, or wedding card.

Anyway, here are some of the creative details: I stamped the heart from the set Always twice on Glossy White card stock using Versamark ink. I embossed both hearts with clear embossing powder. Next I sponged on So Saffron ink and then cut out both hearts--one outside of the dots, one along the line of the heart. The picture below shows how I used dimenionals between the two hearts.

I ran the white layer through the Big Shot using the Perfect Details texturz plate (my favorite texture plate!) and then tore along the edges. There are also dimensionals behind this layer. The ribbon is the 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon. Finished card size is 5" by 5".


Stamps: Always
Ink: Versamark ink, So Saffron
Paper: So Saffron, Whisper White, Glossy White
Accessories: 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon, Clear EP, heat tool, embossing buddy, sponge, dimensionals

No comments: