Friday, September 25, 2009

Monkey Birthday



Just popping in today with a Birthday card! This cute monkey is from the set Sock Monkey, and the sentiment is from the set On Your Birthday.

The black lines for the monkey and his hat are embossed to give the card an extra little 'bling'. I think I've mentioned this before, but a little trick I learned a while ago, is to use Black Craft ink and then emboss with clear embossing powder (EP)--MUCH easier to use than black EP! Stray specks of clear EP just don't show as much as stray specks of black EP.

Next I used my Real Red marker, Chocolate Chip marker, and a blender pen and Close to Cocoa ink pad to color the monkey. I sponged around the Very Vanilla card stock and embossed the "Happy Birthday" with Real Red Craft ink and Clear EP. The monkey is up on dimensionals.

Note: I used the same basic layout for this card that I used HERE for this wedding card. Shows how just changing the colors and the focal element can make you feel like you have a completely different card!

Finished card size is 5" by 5".

Stamps: Sock Monkey, On Your Birthday
Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink, Close to Cocoa, Real Red Craft Ink, Real Red marker, Chocolate Chip marker
Paper: Kraft, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Real Red brads, Blender Pen, Clear EP, embossing buddy, heat tool, sponge, dimensionals

No comments: