Monday, September 28, 2009

Cupcake Birthday


Happy Monday! Here is a card I made for the CAS34 challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.

All of the white you see is Glossy card stock--one of my favorite products. :-) I used Basic Black craft ink to stamp the cupcake, embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, and then colored. I used Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Bermuda Bay, and Green Galore markers. To color the frosting, I used a Blender Pen and ink from the top of my Regal Rose stamp pad.

After I let that dry a minute, I used Frost White shimmer paint to give the flame and the sprinkles a little sparkle. To apply the shimmer paint, I used a toothpick and carefully applied the paint to those small areas.

I used my Circle Scissors Plus to cut the circles. The white circle is approx 1 7/8" in diameter, and the Soft Suede circle is approx 2 1/8" in diameter. The finishing touch is the Soft Suede 1/2" Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon. Finished card size is 4 1/4" by 4 1/4".

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Basic Black Craft pad; Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Bermuda Bay, and Green Galore markers; Regal Rose Classic pad
Paper: Glossy White, Soft Suede
Accessories: Blender Pen, Soft Suede 1/2" Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon, shimmer paint, Circle Scissors Plus, heat tool, Clear EP, dimensionals

No comments: