Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sweet Gumballs

I have a fun little card to share today. The idea for the card came from a combination of two cards that I received while swapping at Leadership. One of the cards was done by Jane Brotski, and the other was done by Tara Angus. Visit Tara at her blog HERE.

I just loved the layout of Tara's card which I borrowed. I used the stamp set Something Sweet and the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder from the Occasions Mini Catalog. The sentiment is up on dimensionals and keeps the card closed. Here you can see the card starting to open:

And then the inside of the card:


For this card I just used Window Sheet to be the 'glass' of the gumball machine, but you could also easily make this a shaker card, or use the fabulous Treat Cups too.

Here are the dimensions of each layer--from the bottom layer to the top layer.

White (base)--8 1/2" by 4 1/4", scored at 3"
Red--5 1/4" by 4"
Black--8 1/2" by 3 5/8", scored at 3 5/8"
White--3 1/4" by 4 1/2"
Red (textured layer)--4" by 2 3/4"
White (very top)--3 3/8" by 3 3/8"

Lots of layers, but the end result is so fun. :-)

Stamps:
Something Sweet
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Perfect Polks Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Medium Window Sheet, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, black brad, dimensionals

3 comments:

Christine said...

I love it! I think I will try to make one like it. How cute.

Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek said...

Hi Allison! I think I know the name of your mystery card-maker! It was my downline Jane Brotski. I brought swaps for her to Leadership. Love your take on it. Cute cute cute.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lyssa for the info! I'll update my post accordingly.