Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stampin' Celebration #5


It's already time for another Stampin' Celebration challenge! I loved the colors in the inspiration piece, and I decided to keep with the graduation theme. The colors I picked to use are Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay (an In Color that will be discontinued soon).

To create my pennants, I used the birthday hats stamp from the set Party Hearty. This is an idea I've seen before, although I'm not sure exactly where. I used my Versamarker to ink just the triangles of the hats, and then embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. The individual pennants are attached to the Linen Thread, and then up on dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes. The card is held closed with Hemp Twine. Finished card size is 4" by 4".

When you open the card, there is a pocket where you can easily add cash or a gift card along with a note. To see how I folded this card, see the second half of THIS tutorial.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure you visit Stampin' Celebration to see what the other members of the Design Team created using this same inspiration piece. We'd also love to have to join us!

Stamps: Party Hearty, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, Versamarker
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Linen Thread, Hemp Twine, dimensionals

5 comments:

Shari said...

This card is amazing! I printed off your tutorial for the folding and faux silk. Totally going to try it! TFS.

Pat said...

Love this card & the colors!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous! Not only was I going to make a pennant card, I was going to use this stamp set to do it! So glad I checked the Ning before I started. :) Thanks for always doing such an amazing job with the challenges!!

Kym said...

That is SO cute! I love those little pennants. :)

The Country Rose said...

Great idea to use the birthday hats as little pennants. This card is too cute!

Barb