Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stampin' Celebration #24


It's Thursday and time for another Stampin' Celebration challenge!  I loved all the pumpkins in this picture and especially those cute guys up in the top left with the masks.  Too cute!  I'm going to try to remember them when we are carving pumpkins in a few weeks.  :-)  


I created this fun little 'pumpkin' not only for the challenge this week, but we also made this at my Holiday Stamp A Stack.  This is the Mini Milk Carton die with Pumpkin Pie card stock.  

To create the 'face' I took the idea from Sheila Thibault over on Stampin' Connection (a Stampin' Up website for demonstrators).  I later found Sheila's blog--see HERE.  Lots of cute Halloween ideas in that post!  I started by using the 1 3/4" by 7/8" Oval punch to punch just the edge of my card stock--this creates the top of the mouth.  Then I used my 1 1/4" circle punch to punch the bottom of the mouth.  Next I used the Spiral Border punch to create the teeth.  The eyes come from the tips of the Extra Large Star Punch.  

To finish off my little pumpkin I added some sponging in Basic Black, a Library Clip from the Clips Assortment, some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, and some curled Old Olive paper.  To curl the paper, just wrap it around a pen, paper piercing tool, etc.  The paper holds its curl surprisingly well!

Thanks for stopping by!  Make sure to hop on over to Stampin' Celebration to see what other fun projects the Design Team has made this week!  

Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories:  Clips Assortment, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/4" by 7/8" Oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Spiral Border punch, Extra Large Star Punch, Mini Milk Carton die, Big Shot

4 comments:

Shari said...

What a cute little treat holder! Love the pumpkin face!

Anonymous said...

OMG! How stinkin' CUTE! I like and now have another use for that milk jug! TFS!!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Sweet little project! Great job making the face with punches! TFS!

Candace said...

Super cute idea Allison! Love it!