Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stampin' Celebration #26


Yep, I'm finally back.  :-)  I won't go into a lot of excuses, but it has been an interesting week and a half!  Without further ado, here is my project for the Stampin' Celebration challenge this week:  

I really liked the cake in the top left photo, so I used that as my main inspiration.  And somewhere along the way my cake became a stack of presents.  :-)  But I liked that I ended up with a masculine birthday card--usually those are so hard for me that to end up with one without meaning to is quite a treat!  

The center present is Designer Paper from the Play Date pack.  The top present is Tempting Turquoise, and I ran the edges of the present through my Early Espresso pad to add a little definition.  The bottom present is Old Olive, and I stamped with Very Vanilla craft ink and my Dot, Dot, Dot stamp.   

The sentiment is from the set All Holidays, and the presents are tied up with a bit of Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon.  The presents and the So Saffron panel are up on dimensionals.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Make sure to hope on over to Stampin' Celebration to see what the other Design Team members are up to this week.  :-)  

Stamps:  All Holidays and Dot, Dot, Dot
Ink:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla craft
Paper:  Play Date DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla  
Accessories:  Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon, mini glue dot, dimensionals 
 

6 comments:

Shari said...

Oh wow! I really, really like this card! I think it looks better as presents than a cake. Great job!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great guy card! I agree they are hard to do. Also a great way to use up some DSP scraps! TFS!

Gabby said...

Super cute, clean and simple card! I think it would be wonderful to change up the colors/patterns, etc. for many gift-giving occasions. And I agree w/Shari in that the layers of presents are more fun than a layer cake. Amanda made an excellent point as well; it is a great way to use up your scraps. THANKS for sharing! :)

The Country Rose said...

Ha! Great minds think alike, lol! I had been thinking about making Christmas presents for a scrapbook page with DSP- looks great on a card too!

Barb

Christine said...

I love it! I too have a hard time making cards for boys. What a great idea and great colors too!

Karen Graff-Povis said...

Thanks for sharing Allison! I cased your card for my stamp club. I changed the colors though, and used all DSP for my presents. You can see it on my blog!