Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gratitude Container



I have another 'fall' themed project to share with you today.  :-)  This is also a project that I actually made awhile ago but never posted on my blog.  It's a simple sour cream container style pouch.  If you aren't familiar with how to make these, you can check out THIS tutorial over on Splitcoaststampers.  They really are quick and easy to make! 

Although you can vary the size of the container, I did start with a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of card stock  because it is the perfect size to get 4 containers per one sheet of 8 1/2" by 11.  :-)  I started by running the Soft Suede card stock through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder

The tag was made by using the Day of Gratitude stamp set.  The leaf is hand-cut and the sentiment was punched out using (part) of the Word Window punch.  I used the Color Spritzer Tool and a Soft Suede marker to add the 'splatter' look to the tag. 

The tag was added to the container with Linen Thread and a piece of Spice Cake Designer Fabric.  The Fabric also provided the color inspiration for the entire project.  Last year I used these as little gifts to send with my kids to their school and church teachers and various other 'little gifts'.  I think they could also make fun party favors or add a nice touch to a table setting. 

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude
Ink:  More Mustard, Soft Suede (and marker)
Paper:  Pool Party, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories:  Square Lattice EF, Big Shot, Tag punch, Word Window punch, Linen Thread, Spice Cake Designer Fabric, candy

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! I really like how you embossed the cardstock...very nice touch! TFS!

Kym said...

Love this!! It is so cute and that bow is wonderful.