Monday, June 11, 2012

Father's Bow Ties



I can't believe that Father's Day is almost here!  Where has the year gone?  It's a good thing that I saw THIS adorable card over on Stampin' Connection (website for Stampin Up demonstrators) by the talented, Artisan Award winning Heather Klump, to get me going.  I liked this idea of creating bow ties and tried a couple different combinations.  With my husband's suggestion that it was a little more masculine, we made the gray and yellow one for club this month. 



The bow ties were created using the Pennant Punch, and the 3/4" circle punch.  I used the paper piercing tool and mat pack to go around the edge of the white layer.  For the banners I stamped, (from the set Delightful Dozen) colored in with the coordinating color using the very fine end of my markers, and then hand cut the shape. 

The buttons are from the Brights Designer Buttons collection, and both of the cards use a combination of papers from both the Twitterpated DSP set and the Summer Smooches DSP set (Daffodil Delight paper and Real Red polka-dots). 

Remember all the fathers in your life this coming Sunday the 17th! 

Stamps:  Delightful Dozen
Ink:  Basic Black, Real Red marker, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight marker
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Accessories:  Brights Designer Buttons, 3/4" circle punch, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Hemp Twine, dimensionals

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Great card! I need to make one more Father's Day card and this one fits the bill. Consider yourself (and Heather) CASEd! TFS!

Kym said...

This is a great card! Love the simple detail that packs a big punch. Fabulous idea!

janine jess said...

Really cute card! Well done - I find Fathers Day cards difficult but this is great!

Unknown said...

Well it’s nice designed bow ties. In fact I am great fan for ties. Here is one for my favorite bow ties: (Flugor). How is these? do you like it? Oh by the way thanks for sharing , these are nice collections indeed.