Friday, June 8, 2012

Blossom Pie


For me, the hardest part of keeping up with my blogging is actually writing each post.  This card is the perfect example. . . I created it for our April Stampers Club, took a picture, added the watermark and have had it 'ready to go' since then.  But for some reason I just don't actually take the time to post it to my blog.  Anyway, I'm going to try to be better (again!) about actually posting to my blog.  Most of the time I've already done all the hard part, it's just a matter of finishing.  :-) 

So, this simple card showcases the stamp set Bright Blossoms.  It is new to the catalog, but was a sneak peek during the month of April.  This is a fun set because you can interchange the various tops with the bottoms.  The pattern on the bottom of the card was created by repeatedly stamping one of the flower tops. 

The 'frame' is from the Designer Frames Folders textured impressions embossing set.  After I embossed with the Big Shot, I cut it out and then added a small slit along the right edge.  I took my Linen Thread and wrapped it around (through the slit) a couple times and then tied it off with the tag.  The effect was actually a little less 'visable' than I was thinking it would be.  :-) 


Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Bright Blossoms, Tiny Tags
Ink:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie markers, Versamark
Paper:  Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Jewelry Tag Punch, Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Cutter Kit, Linen Thread, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Very cute! I like how the embossed frame showcases the smaller stamp! TFS!