Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Betsy's Leaves




Hi there!  Another card today using the Besty's Blossoms stamp set and the new In Color Gumball Green.  As I've used this new green, I've really come to like it.  It is bright and fresh feeling, but not so much that you can't still use it for leaves and still have it feel 'real' enough to be nature-ish.  If that makes any sense! 

Anyway, I also used a fun, super-simple technique.  To get the 'shadow' look behind the leaves I stamped using my "B" clear mount block.  Just the block itself, no stamp attached.  I was actually surprised how well the block picked up the ink.  I stamped with Certainly Celery, stamped off once onto scratch paper and then onto the card, and still had plenty of ink to get this effect. 

The leaves image actually has a longer stem, but I just inked the part I wanted to stamp.  I initially planned to make this a one-layer card, but messed up :-) so I turned it over, stamped again, and then trimmed it down and added it to a card base.  Ended up the same style as the last card I posted, but I think it turned out ok in the end. 

Stamps: Betsy's Blooms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Gumball Green and marker
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Clear Mount Block B, dimensionals

2 comments:

Catherine B. said...

I love this technique and the colors. This card is so crisp. I plan to CASE this soon. Beautiful!!

Amanda Mertz said...

I like the CAS style of this card! The leaves look so fresh and summery! TFS!