Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mouthwatering Picnic



I had seen the idea (sorry, not sure where exactly!) to use the Stripes Embossing Folder to create a gingham looking pattern.  It's actually pretty easy, the basic idea is that you run your piece of card stock through the Big Shot twice.  The second time just turning the paper 90 degrees before you run it through.  So after two times through you have stripes in two different directions.   

I thought it was a cute idea, and it reminded me of a picnic. . . . So I paired that technique with the watermelon stamp from the Mouthwatering stamp set.  I also wanted to try out the new scented embossing powders--such a fun idea!  I used the melon sent over the entire piece of watermelon.  The embossing powder gives a really nice glossy finish to whatever you are embossing.  The seeds for the watermelon come from the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch

For the banner I just snapped a toothpick in half for the 'post' and added the ribbon with a glue dot.  Although I chose a birthday sentiment, I thought this could also make an adorable invitation for a BBQ or other summer party. 

Hope you are having a great summer! 

Stamps:  Mouthwatering, On Your Birthday (discontinued)
Ink:  Real Red, and Old Olive, Basic Black, and Real Red Markers
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Basic Black Scallops Dots Ribbon, Old Olive taffeta ribbon, Melon Scented Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder, Cutter Kit, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (for seeds, discontinued), toothpick, dimensionals

2 comments:

Kym said...

This is adorable. I love the little banner.

Kym

Amanda Mertz said...

I bet this smells wonderful! I've been meaning to try the stripes e.f. to make the gingham pattern too. Yours looks great! TFS!