Friday, June 1, 2012

Stampin' Celebration #55




What an exciting day!  Not only do we have a new Stampin' Celebration challenge, we have a brand new Stampin Up catalog!  You can see a pdf of the catalog HERE or a flash version of the catalog HERE.  It's always so fun to have new stamp sets, accessories and tools.  :-) 

If you are following the blog hop in order, you just came from Rochelle's blog--I stamp, I create, I have fun! 

  

This month we have a fun extra-girly inspiration piece! I loved the colors, and then of course wanted to try out some of my new items.  The card uses the new stamp set Layered Labels.  This is a cool stamp set since each of the stamps have a coordinating Framelit Die (the Apothecary Accents set).  

I stamped the largest image with Basic Black craft ink onto Whisper White card stock and heat embossed with Clear powder.  The next layer was stamped with Primrose Petals (one of the new In Colors!) and then run through the Big Shot with the coordinating framelits die to cut it out.  



I used another stamp from the same set for the sentiment.  I used a marker to ink just the word and then stamped.  I hand-cut the banner and added two little circles of Primrose Petals to the edges.  I used Crystal Effects to cover the little circles--giving it a faux-brad look.  There are dimensionals under the Basic Black oval. 

Now it's your turn to participate in the Stampin' Celebration challenge!  Simply create a card, 3D item, digital item, scrapbook layout, etc. using the inspiration piece above. Leave a comment on the Stampin' Celebration blog with a link to your blog or online gallery so we can see your project. You have until the 25th of the month to create your project. We will choose the "Pick of the Party" at the end of the month. 

All of the Design Team posts for Challenge #55: 

Allison Ohran -Sweet Impressions (you are here)
Candace Lawlor - not participating this month
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Krystal De Leeuw - Krystal's Cards
Marlene Peters - not participating this month
Rochelle Gould - I stamp, I create, I have fun!

Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge

2 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

Beautiful card!! Love all the detail and layering!! I'm jealous of your new goodies!!

Patti said...

Love the clean, elegant look of your card.