Monday, June 4, 2012

New Blossoms



Happy Monday!  Back today with a look at another one of the new stamp sets from the catalog.  This one is called Betsy's Blossoms.  I saw a similar card in THIS post by Mindy over at Bada-Bing! Paper-Crafting!  I started out to copy her design, and then ended up changing it a little bit as I got going. 

This card uses two of the new 2012-2014 In Colors--Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit.  The ribbon is also new--3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon--in Gumball Green.  I really like this ribbon as it ties very easily. 

I stamped the bird image and then ran it through the Big Shot to cut it out with one of the new Apothecary Accents Framelits dies (the same ones that coordinate with the Layered Labels set).  I stamped the sentiment and then ran it through the Big Shot with one of the new Bitty Banners Framelits dies.  I trimmed off the edge and added a brad.  I'm really loving all of the Framelits Dies!

You may notice the black edge along the Whisper White layers. . . I simply ran the edge of my Basic Black marker along all of the edges--even of the card base.  Sometime I do this technique when I want a little more definition, but not necessarily another layer of card stock.  Makes the layers 'pop' just a little bit.

Happy Stamping! 

Stamps:  Betsy's Blooms 
Ink:  Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Basic Black marker
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories:  3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, 3/16" Neutrals Brads, Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Bitty Banners Framelits dies, dimensionals

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Sweet card! Thanks for the tip about the marker...I've tried the same idea with an inkpad and never get a good result. I'll try the marker the next time. TFS!